Sunday 16 February 2020

Changed by God's love, changed by His holiness

"I will sing of your love and justice;

    to you, Lord, I will sing praise.
I will be careful to lead a blameless life—
    when will you come to me? 
I will conduct the affairs of my house

    with a blameless heart." (Psalm 101:1-2)
A blameless life? A blameless heart? This is not a picture of our life and our heart. We know that we have sinned against the Lord. We have let him down many times. A blameless life? A blameless heart? Is this is what we long for? It may be far beyond us, but we must keep on praying that the Lord will give us more of His holiness - in our lie, in our heart. Where will this holiness come from? It will come from the Lord's love for us. In love, He reaches out to us. In love, He changes us. In love, He makes us more like Himself - more loving, more holy. How is this progress towards love and holiness to begin. It begins with our confession of sin - 'I'm not as loving as I should be. I'm not as loving as I should be. I cannot make me myself more loving and more holy. I need You, Lord. I need your love. I need Your holiness. I need to be changed by Your love. I need to be changed by Your holiness."  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible Notes by G. Philip