Sunday 3 May 2020

Sin lives in me ... and Christ lives in me.

In Romans 7:20, Paul speaks about "sin living in me." - That was true  of Paul - and it's also true of every one of us.
In Galatians 2:20, Paul speaks about "Christ living in me." - That was true of Paul - and it's also t
true of every believer.
What we are, in ourselves, is one thing. What we are, by God's grace, is something very different - and very much better.
"Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!" (Romans 7:25). By the grace of God, this was the testimony of the Apostle Paul. By grace, it can be our testimony too.
Like Paul, we remain deeply conscious of our sin. We will never cease to be sinners - but we can, by grace, become sinners who are learning, more and more, what it means to be saved by the Lord, to belong to the Lord and to bring glory to the Lord.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Notes on the Psalms