Wednesday 12 June 2019

From the dark place to the place of abundant blessing

"I loathe my very life" (Job 10:1). "Are not my few days almost over? Turn away from me so I can have a moment’s joy 21 before I go to the place of no return, to the land of gloom and utter darkness, 22 to the land of deepest night, of utter darkness and disorder, where even the light is like darkness.” (Job 10:20-22). 

From its first verse to its final verses, Job 10 takes us into a very dark place. 
Is there a way out of this dark place? When we're in a dark place, it seems like there's no way out of it. When we're going through a really hard time, our emotions may be telling that this is the way it's always going to be.    
We should read what the final chapter of Job tells us - "The Lord blessed the latter part of Job’s life more than the former part" (Job 42:12).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Notes on the Psalms