Wednesday 26 February 2020

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me" (Psalm 51:10).

"A pure heart" - this is what we don't have. This is what we need - a change of heart. This is something we can't do for ourselves. It needs to be done for us - by God, our Creator. We need a new creation. This is what God has given to us in Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17). Often, we fail to live in the power of Christ. We revert back to living in the weakness of the flesh. We read, in this prayer, about "a steadfast spirit." We say, "This is what we need." God says, "This is  what I've already given to you." He says to us, "You are a new creation in Christ. This is what I have made you. I have given you new life in Christ. Live the life that you have been given."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Notes on the Psalms