Saturday 8 February 2020

The Spirit And The Word

"As He spoke to me, the Spirit entered me, stood me on my feet, and I heard Him speaking to me" (Ezekiel 2:2).
If we are to stand in Christ, we need both the Spirit and the Word - not the Spirit without the Word, not the Word without the Spirit.
"As I looked, I saw a hand stretched out toward me. In it was a scroll. He spread the scroll in front of me. There was writing on the front and back. There were funeral songs, songs of mourning, and horrible things written on it" (Ezekiel 2:9-10).
"funeral songs, songs of mourning, and horrible things" - Sometimes, there are things that we don't want to hear, but we need to hear them. It may cause us pain to listen to some of the things that God's Word says to us - but, as we listen to His Word, we will find that it brings healing to our hurting hearts.
"Your wounds are as deep as. the sea. Who can heal you?" (Ezekiel 2:13).
There's only one answer to this question - the Lord. Other people can help us - if they point away from themselves to the Lord, if they say to us, 'You need more than the help i can give to you. You need Jesus.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible Notes by G. Philip