Sunday 26 April 2020

The Lord is 'able to keep us from falling.' We are 'kept by the power of God.'

Psalm 94:12-13

God disciplines  us (v. 12) and he gives us his peace (v. 13). In our "days of adversity" (v. 13), let us not think that God has abandoned us, He has not left us. He is with us. In love, He is leading us closer to himself. "When I said, “My foot is slipping”, Your love, O Lord, supported me" (Psalm 94:18).

The Lord is 'able to keep us from falling' (Jude 24-25). We are 'kept by the power of God' (1 Peter 1:3-5). Putting our trust in the Lord, we may be confident of this: 'God, who began His good work in us, will carry it through to completion on the Day of Jesus Christ' (Philippians 1:6). As we 'press on', we must never forget this: 'It is God who works in us to will and to work according to His good purpose' (Philippians 3:14; 2:13). 'Let us fix our eyes on Jesus', trusting in His promise: 'My sheep listen to My voice ... I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no-one shall snatch them out of My hand' (Hebrews 12:2; John 10:27-30).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible Notes by G. Philip