Monday 13 April 2020

Saved by grace though faith

"Your faith has saved you" (Luke 7:50). We have been "saved by grace" (Ephesians 2:5).  How are God's grace and our faith related to each other? Ephesians 2:8 tells us that we have been "saved by grace through faith." God's grace comes first. Without his grace, reaching out to us, we could never be saved. We cannot save ourselves. He must save us. What, then, does it mean to say, "Your faith has saved you"? We must begin by stating clearly what it does not mean. Faith doesn't say, "I can save myself." By faith, we look away from ourselves. We look to Jesus, our Saviour. We say, Jesus, I cannot save myself. You must save me." We should never think of our faith as a way of achieving salvation for ourselves, Faith looks to the God of grace and receives from him his free gift of salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Notes on the Psalms