Monday 13 April 2020

From Our Desperate Situation To His Glorious Destination

"Save me, O God, for the waters have come up to my neck.

I sink in the miry depths, where there is no foothold.
I have come into the deep waters; the floods engulf me." (Psalm 69:1-2)


Our situation is desperate. It's too much for us - but it's not too much for God. 
We call out to Him -  "In your great love, O God, answer me with Your sure salvation .. Answer me, Lord, out of the goodness of Your love; in Your great mercy turn to me." (Psalm 69:13,16)  - and He gives His answer. He answers us with His salvation.

From Him, we hear His Word of salvation. 
In Psalm 69:35-36, we read of God's salvation - "God will save Zion and rebuild the cities of Judah. Then people will settle there and possess it; 36 the children of His servants will inherit it, and those who love His Name will dwell there." 
As we read these words, we look beyond "Zion" and "the cities of Judah." We catch a glimpse of God's eternal salvation - "I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." (Psalm 23:6) 
The Lord takes us from where we are  to where He is - from our desperate situation to His glorious destination 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible Notes by G. Philip